Thursday, October 19, 2006

Paper Bridge project

I'll start posting all the assignments I've already worked on so there's some semblance of an idea of where all this stuff is coming from. But, I don't think I'll be posting my animation assignments necessarily... not sure how to handle video yet. Anyway, here's the first thing I have chronological records of: the paper bridge.



It failed miserably. The half-circles in the middle (as I realized later) would have been better served as one large half-pipe with an opening at either end of the bridge. As the way it is, all the weight is being dumped out to the sides where there's no support. If I used the half-pipe instead, all the weight would've instead been relocated to where the bridge is supported at the ends, so whatever was in the in the middle would've held out.

No comments: