Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spy poster

I draw a comic on the side called Carzorthade, which is about a kid's online avatars, specifically his forum and chat usernames, crossing over into his world. Along the way I introduced a few new characters, some of which entered permanently into the cast, others gained a spin-off series, and some vanished entirely.

One of the characters, Campion Blaine, an obvious parody of James Bond, was one character that was almost entirely forgotten. That is, until a comic-making friend sent me a few guest comics with Blaine in the starring role. I enjoyed them so much I asked him to take the character for himself, which he declined. Instead, he wrote a small miniseries and asked if I wanted to illustrate them. The material was so good I immediately agreed. However, this was in the middle of college which was taking more and more of my spare time, causing me to drop comics altogether.

Well, I'm managing my time more efficiently now.


I drew a lot of inspiration from this:


This was an experiment as the inks are in Flash, and the colors in Photoshop. Previously, I only made comics in Flash. However, my previous job (the one I was laid off from) gave me a lot of work involving Photoshop so I've since become more comfortable with layers, brushes, and colors. I'm hoping that as I draw the actual comics, which I'll upload here, I can continue to experiment with brushes, color, and texture.

No comments: